There's a lot of reasons I love the show, but I decided to write my top five and if you're not a fan of the show yet, you more than likely will be after this!
Yes, sadly, it was cancelled after 3 very enjoyable seasons, and it certainly gives us fans the desire for more!!! One of the big reasons I'm drawn to the show is the attention to detail given to the continuity of plots and jokes. Most shows are pretty good about that, especially recently because (in my opinion) the Internet now allows for fans to get online right after a new episode and discuss why one tidbit of info was wrong, citing an earlier episode. Arrested Development took the time to create ongoing jokes and stories, which maybe sometimes left casual viewers in the dark. Oh well! Here are my top five reasons for
1 - The Chicken Dance, as Performed by the Bluth Family
Not THE Chicken Dance as performed by your Aunt at every family get-together - no, this is how the Bluth family impersonates chickens to call someone a coward. It started out with Gob's (pronounced like "Joeb" and not "gob" like a "gob of frosting" or something) rendition and quickly became a staple. I find Lindsay's (Portia de Rossi) version funniest, but words cannot express the hilarity of them all at once:
2 - "Come on!"
I'm finding myself saying this more and more lately...it might have something to do with the show...
3 - Tobias' Way with Words
We've all known someone that honestly says things, not realizing that you could easily say "That's what she said!" right after, or any phrase to indicate you picked up the double entendre. I work in a male-dominated job, and JUST as I finish speaking, I'm turning red as about 2 or 3 guys yell "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!" (Don't get me wrong - I'm sometimes the first one to say it with them, and I've even impressed them with my quick wit!)
With Tobias, however, you have to love that he just doesn't get what exactly he's spoken...
4 - Buster Loves His Family
It's kind of adorable, to be honest. I already sort of talk like this, so it was fun to watch someone else be cute (that's right, I'm cute!). I just love Buster!
5 - Stars! Stars! Stars!
I sadly don't have a clip for this part, but I'll just list off some recurring and one-time guest stars on the show...
Liza Minelli, Henry Winkler, Scott Baio, Zach Braff, Charlize Theron, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, James Lipton, Jane Lynch, Amy Poehler, Ben Stiller, Christine Taylor, Heather Graham, Ed Helms, William Hung, and of course, Ron Howard as the Narrator.
...yeah. Why aren't you rushing off to get your own copy of Arrested Development? :-)
Ooh, Honourable Mention! It's made "The Final Countdown" much more epic and awesome:
Until next time, I'll encourage, "More touching!"
- Aurora
No comments:
Post a Comment