Initially, we had Book of Love by Peter Gabriel as our first dance. However, Jim decided to veto that choice. So, now we're trying to figure out what song to use. We'll randomly say/text song titles, just to see what the other one thinks of it.
Jim: What about Grow Old with You by Adam Sandler?
Me: Hmmm...can we get Billy Idol to introduce it?
Jim: Yeah! LMAO
Me: Then YES. It only works with Billy Idol.
Jim: Hooray! We have our first dance song! I just wrote my wedding speech.
Me: ...I didn't actually agree to it :-P I might take a listen to some Star Wars stuff...You know, we COULD just use Heaven Coming Down.
Jim: Not a dance song.
Me: You're not a dance song...
Jim: 16 pages. I may have to edit...ROFLMAO
Me: Ummm...yeah. This isn't meant to be like, the Emancipation Proclamation. I know you love Lincoln and JFK, but no one wants a huge oration.
Jim: Heh heh, oral
Me: Siiigh. No long speeches! Why can't we have Book of Love? Peter Gabriel would be honoured, I'm sure!
Jim: Meh. Not as much of a fan now. It's kind of darker than I originally thought.
Me: Gaaahhh, FINE. I still cry when I see the Scrubs finale.
Jim: Me too.
Me: We should just use the Star Wars theme and hit each other with lightsabers.
Jim: LMAO done!
Me: ...except I'd almost certainly actually try and get a good shot in. You know, assert my authority in front of our friends.
Jim: Well, I think I can accommodate that and - Hey!
Me: Yeah, I'd get all dramatic, too, especially if it was Duel of the Fates.
Jim: Oh geez LMAO
Me: I'd force you to pull your hand into your sleeve and scream "Nooo!" and I'd go on about being your father. Or something.
Jim: LMAO oh baby.
Me: What if we learned a dance routine?
Jim: Nossum.
Me: You could be Fred Astaire! Or whatever!
Jim: ...N ur done
Me: No way dude. Just getting started! -GASP- We could do a montage of all the songs from our relationship! With a moving routine and everything! Not a dry eye in the place. Game, set, match.
Jim: Nossum!
Me: Hmph
(a few minutes pass)
Me: What about Dance of the Hours from Fantasia? The alligators (crocodiles?) and hippos! You could wear a jaunty red cape! And I get a tutu. We'd need major space to perform, but that's doable, I'm sure.
And then at this point I actually got a good idea, but that's a secret! The funny thing is, we'd picked Book of Love AGES ago, thinking we were so smart and getting ahead of the game. Some things, wedding-wise, don't need to be chosen until closer to the date. So, word of advice, I guess...get everything sorted, large to small first!
No comments:
Post a Comment