Ok…I keep telling you I’m going to update this blog on a weekly basis, unless something comes up. And, yes, while I’ve had some weeks where I was just crazy busy, sleep should not be a weekly reason that I haven’t posted something on here!
So – after a lightning bolt hit my brain, I figured that since I’m crazy lazy (that’s got a nice ring to it… “Crazy Lazy”), I need to make a Blog Template, at least until I get on a more regular posting schedule.
So, for now, here are my topics:
Wedding Plans and Wedding Quote/Moment of the Week
Weight-Loss Adventure
My Journey to Toronto (this’ll be active for probably the next 2 months, at least until I move to the big TO for a new job/marriage)
Of course, I’ll have a life outside of these three topics, but those are the most “important” and “interesting” ones – I mean, I have a few good post ideas in my head (“Music Videos That Make Me Love the Song Even More,” “Birds Are Trying to Kill Me,” and many posts that could be classified under “Who Let Me Out in Public, Unattended?”). But, for the time being, I’ll use this template to ease myself into a more regular routine of blogging.
…oh, I should start NOW? Well, since I’m here, you make a good point!
Wedding Plans and Wedding Quote/Moment of the Week
Well, this week and a bit was QUITE an adventure! We lost (ahem, canceled) our contract with the original Reception venue, due to poor Customer Service. Long and short, the contact person would take up to a week to reply to either me or my fiance, and when we really needed her in crunch time, she just dropped the ball. She had a chance to redeem herself, but instead she chose to get snippy and defensive. So, buh-bye!
So, fiance and I were left with a smaller wedding budget, no Reception, and way too much stress. We tried a few options, but nothing really came together. While driving around the area near the church, we came across a hotel, and decided to stop in and ask a few questions.
Well, Miracle, Prayers Answered, Good Things Come To Those That Wait – the hotel was amazing, and the staff was wonderful! While they don’t have a room for a Reception with dancing and such, they suggested a nearby Legion. Now THAT is Customer Service!
We visited the Legion, and LOVED it – beautiful, inexpensive, and just perfect. When we went to book the date, however, we were told our wedding date wasn’t available. At this point, Jim and I have had enough – we’ve dealt with family and friend stress, workplace stress, financial stress, wedding-related and everyday-life related. We. Are. DONE. We go outside, and I call my parents. My Mum suggests a few dates that might work, all the while Jim and I are talking to each other, trying to get it all sorted out. I end the call with my Mum, and Jim and I try to keep breathing and stay clam. My Mum calls back about a minute later, and lets me know that a certain date will work, as we had thought my Dad would be working that date. Jim FLEW into the office of the Legion, and booked that date. We put a deposit down, and were giddy as school kids as we left. FINALLY! Something positive!!
Thankfully, none of our guests or family members have any major issues in making it to the new wedding date, and honestly, at this point, if they made a fuss, we could care less. We’ve put up with enough, and if you’re making a scene, you can leave! …or, rather, not show up.
So, now, we’re in the process of getting invites done up, and deciding on Reception décor. (The Legion has a disco ball, and I’m way more excited about that than I really should be…) FINALLY, it feels like we’re planning a wedding, and not some obligatory party to celebrate what should be the happiest day of our lives, but instead, we’re sucked dry of any joy the day would hold. (And, no, I’m not being melodramatic. It was awful for awhile.)
Meanwhile, my Maid of Honour found a few websites for paper lanterns, fairly inexpensive! I was talking to her about hoping we didn’t get too many:
Me: I saw a pic online somewhere - they only had the lanterns above the dance floor. Looked super cools! I kinda wanna go with that...otherwise, it'll just be LANTERNS ALL OVER
MoH: Oooo! Lantern room! Like the old ball rooms at Ikea when you threw your kids in so you can go shopping! "The guests look unhappy" "...Add more lanterns"
Me: I LOVE IT. You're right, MORE LANTERNS. Best visual - wedding guests, jumping in paper lanterns
I love my friends so much.
Weight-Loss Adventure
Errr...ahhh...hey, look at that flock of turtles! ...dagnabbit, I'll be honest. I totally quit Weight Watchers, but ONLY because of the money I needed to be saving instead for the wedding! I've slid a little, but I'm not going crazy. I mean, I know how awful I'd feel if I got into my wedding dress, and it was too snug. It'd be horrible! So, I'm reminding myself that I can do a lot of good or a lot of damage in 2 months – and I choose to do some good!!
My Journey to Toronto!
...job searching is hard!! I've been out of it for 4 years now, and I'm admittedly rusty. I now go home each night, and spend my time on my computer applying to as many jobs as I can. I've given my resume to our officiant, and I'm sure I have a lot of people praying that I find one soon. Honestly, I'm excited to start a new job, but I WILL miss my current co-workers! They're like my second family! Other than the strangest interview ever, I've not really had any other major prospects. One contact spent half an hour, emailing me back and forth before telling me that employers prefer their employees to be living closer by. Ummm...it would have been a half hour, 45-minute commute, on the highway. Whatever, bygones, moving on!
It is currently 12:25 AM, Thursday morning. I'm tired, and still need to be searching online for “natural makeup” examples for my 'maids. In bed by 1 AM, tops, I swear! (Thank goodness this weekend is a long holiday...I mean, fiance and I will be traveling, but it's to see friends, sooo...it'll be ok. I can spend the Monday sleeping! Woot!)
...ok, that's it. That's all I've got. Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment