Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week of Cupcakes, Part 1

Hello again!

This will be a pretty quick post, but it's something! I was going to wait and post a larger one, but I'm just too excited!

Cupcakes are something I've really gotten into the last few years, and especially the last year and a half or so. So far, I've done up Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's, St. Patrick's, and various other events and birthdays.

When I brought in my St. Patty's cupcakes to work, the newly relocated Accounting Department was SO HAPPY, and one co-worker loved them enough to ask me to make some for another co-worker's birthday, and her step-daughters birthday! I gladly took on the challenge, and was then asked later for ANOTHER co-workers birthday cupcakes! I spent my Sunday evening baking ALL the cupcakes I'd be needing for the next few batches, then making some chocolate decorations that could be frozen, and finally finishing up the first batch of birthday cupcakes I needed. I was pooped, but happy!

These are the first round of cupcakes I made for my co-worker's birthday - I'm also good friends with him, so it wasn't a bother at all. He and I are fans of The Office, and if you are, too, you'll know why these cupcakes are funny:

He loved them, and of course, everyone who ate them did, too!

Now, I have three more batches to make up - one I'm making tomorrow night, then Saturday night, then probably Monday night - yeesh! It's a lot of work, but I've been raised to give of your gifts and share, and that's what cupcakes allow me to do - share my gift with the world, and make it a little sweeter!

May your cupcakes be moist and your frosting piled high!
- Aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment